Rules of Charter
GENERAL INFORMATION and RULES FOR CHARTERS
Please print 2 copies, read, sign, and return one copy to BLUE PACIFIC YACHTING.
We are located at 13723 Fiji Way, B-U6 in Marina Del Rey a few minutes’ drive from most of the fleet. Temporary parking is available in front of our offices for your check-out. During your check-out we will complete your paper work and collect any balance due. Please arrive at our office at your scheduled time. Failure to arrive at your scheduled check-out time may delay your departure from the dock.
Parking: Cars can be parked at several county parking lots located around the marina. Be sure to check rules and fees prior to your departure to avoid being ticketed.
Boat Galley: The galleys are fully equipped with dishes, flatware, pots and pans, coffee maker and kitchen utensils. You will need to supply all your consumables, including paper goods, trash bags, and condiments. Propane cartridges for the barbecue may be purchased at West Marine, hardware stores, or sporting goods stores in the Marina. They are also available at Catalina Island. Please remember if you use galley equipment, it must be washed and put away. Stove and barbecue must be wiped clean.
Bedding & Linens: These are not included in your charter. However, they are available from Blue Pacific Yachting. Linen packages cost $75 per person and include a blanket, sheets, a pillow & pillow case, bath and kitchen towels. You may opt to bring your own linens and sleeping bags are highly recommended.
Suggested Clothing: Deck shoes with white soles and a warm jacket are essential year round. Casual comfortable sports clothing is recommended – layers are the way to go. Please pack all personal gear in a soft case or duffle bag, and remember that boats have very limited storage space. NO HARD SUITCASES are permitted on the boats.
Sea Gear to Bring Along: All of our boats are equipped with PFDs (life jackets) and other safety equipment required for charter. We do, however, highly recommend bringing the following: flashlight(s), sailing gloves, sailing knife, portable GPS, inflatable vest, such as SOSPENDERS available from West Marine, hat, sunglasses and sun block, portable VHF, and cell phone.
At the end of your Charter:
- Complete the BLUE PACIFIC YACHTING TRIP LOG.
- Complete all the tasks on the After Charter Check Sheet given to you the day of your charter at check-out in order to avoid after charter fees. PLEASE LEAVE THE BOAT AS CLEAN AS YOU FOUND IT.
- Please return all keys, parking passes and cards to our Blue Pacific Yachting representative during your check-in or take them back to our office at 13723 Fiji Way, B-U6.
Re-scheduling Charters: Please understand that we will be expecting you on the date of your charter and will have a boat reserved for you; and, if you so desire, a Captain will be reserved as well.
- Absolutely NO REFUNDS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Credit for future services if you cancel thirty (30) days before your trip.
- Any credit granted must be used within six (6) months of the original charter date.
- Refueling after your Charter:
- You are not required to re-fuel after a day-sail.
- If your charter is a ‘multi-day charter”, you are responsible for re-fueling the boat upon your return to Marina del Rey.The Marina del Rey Fuel Dock phone number is (310) 574-4443. Their hours are:
Summer: 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Winter: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Mechanical Problems: We strive to keep all equipment on our boats in excellent condition. Should you discover a problem please notify Blue Pacific Yachting immediately. Please note: If there is a major mechanical problem we will do our best to get you under way within 24 hours. Equipment failure, from time to time, can cause your selected boat to be unavailable. In such event we will notify you as soon as possible and you will be given the option to select another boat or reschedule. Under no circumstances will there be a credit for any mechanical failures on items such as coffee makers, tvs, dvd players, stereos, or electronic instruments.
No Smoking and no Pets are Allowed on Boats at Any Time.
No Firearms or Drugs: The US Coast Guard and Blue Pacific Yachting has adopted a zero tolerance policy and the US Coast Guard may board any vessel suspected to have firearms or any illegal substances aboard. Failure to comply could result in severe legal action.