Confidence Cruising Course ASA-104
Prerequisite: ASA 101-103
This 3-day class to Catalina Island provides a unique opportunity to gain knowledge and expertise along with plenty of confidence-building instruction on the water. Curriculum includes: provisioning, trip planning, navigation, anchoring, mooring, boat systems and their operation. Successful completion of this course equips students to take boats on multi-day trips to many wonderful destinations. Gain ASA certification for overnight chartering.
- Cruise on a luxurious 34 to 47 foot Sailing Yacht for three days, to and around Catalina or Santa Barbara Islands, with a US Coast Guard Licensed Skipper who is also an A.S.A Certified Instructor.
- Learn on a boat YOU would be proud to own! Enjoy one of our privately-owned, cruise and race-equipped, meticulously maintained boats. Your boat will have extensive electronics, a diesel engine, a hard-bottom (RIB) inflatable dinghy with an outboard motor, a roller furling genoa, rope-clutches and self-tailing winches, and an electric windlass to retrieve the anchor.
- You will have on board (and learn to operate) an inverter for 110V power, multiple battery banks, electric refrigeration, hot and cold running water with multiple water tanks, a propane stove with an oven and a solenoid, a propane BBQ, and a complete head system with holding tank, tankwatch and macerator.
- Acquire confidence through our 100% hands-on training program: You will provision the boat, calculate the compass courses, use the electronics (GPS/Chartplotter, Depthsounder. Knotmeter, Autopilot) to navigate to your destination, steer the boat, trim the sails, learn to use and care for the roller furling genoa, stand a watch, set an anchor, pick up a mooring, tow and use the Dinghy and Outboard, and learn to trouble-shoot the boat systems. Your Instructor will discuss night sailing, heavy weather, emergencies at sea, and attempt to pass on to you 20 years of Local Cruising Knowledge.
- Earn your ASA Certification for Bareboat Chartering (ASA 104). Prerequisites: ASA. 101 & 103. Certification is optional.
Prior to Confidence Cruising Course (ASA 104): Please purchase and read the book Bareboat Cruising Made Easy by American Sailing Association . Also please review the General Information and Rules for Classes Cost from Blue Pacific Boating: $28.50 tax inclusive.
Each day is an adventure, providing new scenery with both land and marine wildlife, from pelicans and buffaloes to dolphins and sea lions, as you sail out of Marina Del Rey, Southern California’s Premier Boat Harbor, into the Pacific Ocean and to Catalina Island.
Discover the Two Harbors area, both the Isthmus and Cat Harbor sides, separated by barely half a mile of land. Anchor in Goat Harbor or Little Harbor, visit Avalon, Whites Landing, Hens Cove, Buttonshell Beach, Emerald Bay or Parson’s Landing.
Cost: $825.00 plus all applicable surcharges
- The ASA Bareboat Charter Certification
- Provisioning (all but one dinner on shore)… and lots of colorful memories!
Come join in on the fun of sailing …
Call us at 310-305-7245 to schedule your sail